Homes + Buildings Knock Basillica
Back to search results 


Copyright: Maxwell Photography
Image Size: 2000 x 1312    Uploaded on: 15/08/2008
County: Mayo   Rating: 


Licence: Creative Commons Licence



In 1976 the Basilica of Our Lady, Queen of Ireland was opened in Knock Co. Mayo, a project which was initiated and brought to completion by Monsignor James Horan. The basilica has accommodation for over 12,000 people. In August 1879, fifteen people reported seeing, over a period of two hours, an apparition of the Virgin Mary, accompanied by St. Joseph and St. John the Evangelist, at the south gable of their parish church in Knock, the Church of St. John the Baptist.


view original size
add to lightbox
print image
send to a friend
save image